During the second crit I had made continuing research on cameraless photography, although I am still at this point very far off from deciding on a set idea, I am going to aim to give chemigrams a try. A fellow student recommended i try a technique called ‘toning’ which creates colour from black and white in the dark room whilst processing, so for the following week i plan to get in to the darkroom and experiment with different techniques such as photograms. I am well aware that my first tries may not work, there may also be some happy accidents.
Below is a list of aims I wrote to achieve for the following week of the module:
- Email about the darkroom – talk to Matt or John.
- Aim to have collected research on how to use chemicals in the darkroom
- research different techniques
- how light hits objects – prisms.
- look in to ideas of spectrum of light
- Research in to Chemistry of photography.